[Gpdd] [CARE] Vitamin C content

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Nov 13 10:45:17 EST 2006

Sorry to read about your computer Debbie.

My source for the Vit C content of veggies is Myra Mahoney's "Really Useful
Guinea Pig Guide ". We can't believe all that we read!! I have never found
out how much Vit C is contained in grass but someone somewhere must have
worked it out. I give it to the Piggyfriends because it is their natural
food, they love it, it keeps their teeth working hard and it is FREE!

I have been feeding runner beans and peas to my herd for many years. I give
the piggies a wide variety of veggies and these are but two of them. The
beans are particularly well received and I always have a glut of them in the
garden.They eat all of the pod and when they  have finished there is a pile
of beans left. I wouldn't buy them as the ones in the supermarket always
look tired and dry. Hardly any vitamins left in them. I don't know about the
fat content but I would suspect that it lies in the bean itself.

Penny.