[Gpdd] [care]bermuda and timothy hay

Rachel H rmhenise at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 13 14:11:24 EST 2006

i went to a vet last week who told me she preferred bermuda hay for guinea pigs.......does anyone else here use bermuda hay? im having a hard time getting timothy hay from a feed store close to my house (they mix it with alfalfa, so i have to drive 30 minutes to get regular timothy) but they carry bermuda grass hay........what is the diff and which is better, or are they the same?

   i used to get oxbow online but its so expensive for such a little bag and i have four guineas so it isnt pratical anymore, although when comparing oxbow with others you can tell the difference in that it is so green....the ones at the feed store are not....maybe i just dont know how to shop for it haha

  anyhow id appreciate any guidance thanks!
  rachel