[Gpdd] Condolences. Re: Thank you.

adcavy at aol.com adcavy at aol.com
Tue Nov 14 03:13:31 EST 2006

Hi Slaves,

Just to say a warm thank you to everyone who emailed me about Prospero
or posted a message on the digest. I will reply to everyone personally.

I gave up trying to explain how his death had affected us to friends
and family and went to the one place I knew where  people would
understand, the digest.  We have all gone through deaths of our beloved
pigs. All we can do is mourn together, accept comfort when it is given
and offer it to others when needed. i know which community I'd rather
belong to.

So condolences to all who have lost piggies this month. At any other
time I would email each slave but things are just a little raw at the
moment. Happy birthday to all piggies.

We would like to participate in the Christmas gift exchange. We live in
the UK. Has any one taken up the baton yet to organise a list?
I'm happy to exchange with slaves and piggies from any country.

Penny, please post some more about the guinea pig rescue. We are
awaiting the next installment with baited breath. Your stories
certainly echo our experiences. There are many weird people in the
world. And in all my years of keeping piggies I have met my fair share.

Leah, congratulations to you, Blaine and the piggies on moving into
your first house. It truely is a magical time. I'm glad Brownie Bear
has given her seal of approval to all the changes. In the Spring before
we plant our vegetables, salad and weed seeds Rebecca my daughter calls
all pigs to attention to show them the packets and to "get their
comments". Broccoli is not one of her favourites so she announced when
she was five that the pigs  as a herd told her  they didn't care for it
either and not to bother planting any.

Needless to say I didn't swallow that one. A few months later,  the
pigs and of course Rebecca were in the middle of a broccoli surplus.
And as we feed it sparingly to the pigs it meant there was plenty left
over for her.

Once again, Thank you for all the support,

Antoinette and the Magic 60.