[Gpdd] [GPDD] Care - housing & food

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 14:14:14 EST 2006

Kacee- I'm glad you rounded up some good coroplast!  After posting that reminder,
  I haven't managed to get out and gather any myself? As for the grids? If you prowl
  around here at Cavy Lodge, you'd probably find a few, but look out!  Maybe some
  garage sales, if you have the time and patience to search. Maybe posting a "Wanted"
  notice on some bulletin boards?  Let us know if you discover a source!

  Penny- As for Vit C content - I would imagine the actual content of vit C or any other
  nutrient would depend some on the ground, the time of year, when harvested, etc.
  But we can certainly use the lists for comparison. I wonder if grass has any vit C . . .
  I'm envious of you and all with good gardens. We started a small one this year, only
  to be told "No Gardens! Only flower beds" So I promptly planted lots of flowers in and
  around the veggies. Still, I only recently got a half dozen small tomatoes, just now
  getting ripe. Maybe a couple dozen very small green peppers. But it's a start.
  LOVE your stories!  Please - More!!!  You must write a book - goodness!

    Jem - We, too, are glad to hear that Crockett & Tubbs are able to come in from the cold. They are so much fun when they're right there with you all the time!

    Rachel- If your piggies aren't much over a year old, I wouldn't worry about feeding the
  mixture of timothy and alfalfa, if it's good stuff. Otherwise, I'd feed it some plus the bermuda. Assuming the bermuda is good (does it look and smell good? do the pigs like it?  then it's good!)  You're lucky to find good hay available - all I can find here now is so dusty, plus some has stickers. It's been so dry here for the past year, everything's dusty.

  Susi & the OP's