[Gpdd] [GPDD] Behavior - Vibrapigs & Travel

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 14 14:16:01 EST 2006

Kay- Thank you for describing the different vibrating - love your descriptions! You are right on the money!  Still, I can just see myself hauling a little sweet pig to the vet, explaining  "he vibrated".  hehehe  I may have to do just that!

    Jan- You're lucky you noticed that rascal Tribble poking her head out!  I have always had the carriers fastened, but one time I had loaded up a new litter of babies (with mom) to take in to Aunt Felicia's to show off. Never thought about the fact that the opening in the wire was larger than the babies!  We were well underway when I noticed them squeezing through from one side of the carrier to the other, and just prayed I would get there before they actually escaped into the car!  We made it in time, and carefully made cardboard liners to fit up high enough that no babies escaped on the ride home.
  Also glad to hear that you, too, fasten them in with the seat belt. I get more laughs when I do this, but it only makes sense to me.

    Antoinette - I agree with you on the futility of trying to make 'others' understand how we
  feel when we lose one of our dear piggies.  You put it very well.  I feel that while losing
  one leaves a hole in your heart, having known and loved him has also made my heart
  bigger. I am thankful for each and every one. (and for all our wonderful extended family
  here on the digest!)

  Susi & the OP's