[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Weight loss and increased water intake. Fidget.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Thu Nov 16 13:25:17 EST 2006

Several years one of the Piggyfriends developed exactly the same symptoms as
you have described. My vet diagnosed diabetes but said that there was no
treatment that he could offer. She was quite an elderly piggy at the time
and I never knew if it was her age or the diabetes that caused her eventual
demise. She died suddenly one morning after consuming a huge breakfast.

On Peter Gurney's A-Z there are a few lines on diabetes which infer that
drugs can be prescribed. This could be a recent discovery and will probably
depend on having a very good GP vet.

I wish that I had known the Cavies Castle folk then as they may know of a
suitable treatment.

The Piggyfriends send their best wishes to Fidget.

Penny.