[Gpdd] [MISC] Piggies and Exposure to Plaster/Dust

Ginger Hoffman gingera at MIT.EDU
Sun Nov 19 11:50:22 EST 2006

Hi Everyone,

Whee have structural problems in our condo and have had work going on
inside our unit for over 2.5 weeks now.  I had Nosophoros and
Flaco-Paco staying at a friend's, but at this point I've taken them
home (I think they were out-wearing their welcome a bit).  I think the
contractors are done with the bulk of the work, but they will have to
put up some sheetrock and saw/sand of the existing sheetrock/plaster.
And this means a lot of dust.  My plan is to keep the piggers in the
one room where there is no work going on, and even tape the seams to
the door when the dust is flying about (unfortunately this room is
adjacent to one of the dusty rooms).  Obviously, when the contractors
are done for the day I'll have to untape and go in to deliver the
piggies' evening veggie meal, but hopefully most of the dust will have
settled and won't get tracked in.  I've set up a humidifier in hopes
that that will help, and also have an air-ionizer.  This will probably
have to go on for 3 or more days.  Do you all think they'll be okay??
Does anyone else have any experience with this?

Thank you!
I hope all is well with all of you and your masters!!   Healing wheeks
to those with sick or recently departed piggies.

best,
Ginger and masters Nosophoros and Flaco-paco