[Gpdd] (Health) Plastic Obsession

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 19 14:14:13 EST 2006

My pig Tigger has a problem and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this. She has recently started chewing obsessively on the sides of the C&C cage, and I am afraid she may actually be swallowing the little pieces! I have tried everything, from distracting her with hard crunchy treats, hay, and wooden toys to spraying the edges of the cage with bitters, but she still won't stop. In fact, she seems to LIKE the bitters! She is eating and drinking normally and she gets plenty of attention. When I put her out for floor time, she will find anything and everything plastic and try to chew it. She even finds plastic on the floor after I thought I'd "piggy-proofed" it. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get her to stop?

  Thanks,
  Stacy and a concerned Squee Squad