[Gpdd] [MISC] Piggies and Exposure to Plaster/Dust

Candy G. crawdad1953 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 20 13:20:14 EST 2006

Greetings, Ginger -

I'm sure the digesters can tell you exactly what you
need to do to keep your piggies 'dust-free'.  One
thing did occur to me, though.  I have severe asthma
and have found that more dust than I would have
imagined filters into (and then back out of) central
heating and air systems.  If you have central air, you
might want to tape several thicknesses of cheesecloth
over all the vents in the piggie room, even if you have
the vents closed.  It made a big difference for me.
Just thought I would mention it.  Good luck.

Big kisses to Nosophoros and Flaco-paco!!!!!

Candy; Topper, Cat X; and sweet Mollie always in our hearts
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
contractors are done with the bulk of the work, but they will have to
put up some sheetrock and saw/sand of the existing sheetrock/plaster.
And this means a lot of dust.  My plan is to keep the piggers in the
one room where there is no work going on, and even tape the seams to
the door when the dust is flying about (unfortunately this room is
adjacent to one of the dusty rooms).  Obviously, when the contractors
are done for the day I'll have to untape and go in to deliver the
piggies' evening veggie meal, but hopefully most of the dust will have
settled and won't get tracked in.  I've set up a humidifier in hopes
that that will help, and also have an air-ionizer.  This will probably
have to go on for 3 or more days.  Do you all think they'll be okay??
Does anyone else have any experience with this?