[Gpdd] Silly - book about guinea pigs!

Mieke Staaks pandameisje at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 10:26:30 EST 2006

Hi all,

When reading the post by Susi in the last gpdd, I had this great idea (at
least I think I do). She wrote that who all are experts on guinea pig area,
at least we know more than the average guinea pig owner through this list. I
just remember last week I found a small book about Guinea pigs, which
instructs you on how to take care of guinea pigs, and I was annoyed that
they gave the wrong information.
Maybe, we together could write a good guinea pig manual on how to take care
of your piggies? I think together we'll have a lot of knowledge, just start
with the basics, housing, food, floortime, maybe a little something about
illnesses? And then illustrate it with pigtures of our piggies, maybe ask
Leah to write a small story for the book and include some rescue or other
stories from the piggiefriends or other rescues? And of course mention this
great site and email list the GPDD. We could see how hard it would be to
publish it, Leah maybe you have some suggestions? I could translate it in
dutch, and maybe others could translate it in their native language? I could
also try German and possibly with the help of some czech friends of mine in
Czech (but i'll guess they'll do most of the translating...)
It would really be fun to do I think, and we can enrich the world with our
knowledge... And if it's not possible to publish the book we might just
convert it into a website. I would be more than happy to make a website out
of it...
Anyone interested in (help) making this how-to-care-for-your-guinea-pig
book?

Best wishes to all that are sick or other wise not feeling well.
By the way the northern Winky Girls aka Lotje and Guiny will be moving soon.
We will be moving to my boyfriend because I got a job there (finally!). Soon
they will become the western Winky girls! The Girls are excited about
moving, but the are also very sad to be leaving auntie Janneke, and friends
Yaya (almost like Lotje's daughter). Suus (Guiny's partner in crime) and Jan
(the sweet boar).

Many greetings,
Mikey and masters Lotje and Guiny

Mpstaaks at emxn.com