[Gpdd] CARE - tasty treat

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Nov 24 08:06:47 EST 2006

The folk at Cavies Castle were given a cavy treat by one of their clients ( naming no names but she might be reading this ). This plant is apparently widely sold in Europe as a healthy treat for all kinds of pets. I haven't found a website about it regarding piggies in English but you can see the plant at www.golliwoog.nl and I'm sure that Janneke could translate it for us.

Chris at Cavies Castle kindly gave me a piece of her plant from which I have grown several more and the Piggyfriends all love it ( but it doesn't go very far between 26 hungry mouths ).

I have not seen it for sale in England and the growers are missing out on a lucrative market here. I was just wondering if this plant is available in any of the countries represented by our members.

In the summer I look after tortoises for a friend and I will try it out on them ( they are hibernating now ).

Penny and the Piggyfriends.