[Gpdd] HEALTH- itchy Molly

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Nov 24 19:26:18 EST 2006

It's cold and damp in England so the Piggyfriends don't have the climate
problem that you have but if
one of them was scratching and I could see what looked like dandruff in
their coat I would suspect lice or mites. I would treat this with Ivomec and
have used Advantage ( not Advantix ) in the past.

I also shampoo them regularly with an anti parasite shampoo specially
formulated for piggies. The one that I use doesn't seem to be available in
the US but I'm sure someone can recommend one that is.

If the dry heat is the only cause of Molly's skin problem, the above will
have done no harm, at and least you will have a squeaky clean piggy.

Best wishes from Penny and the Piggyfriends.