[Gpdd] Condolences. e: Caspian.

adcavy at aol.com adcavy at aol.com
Tue Nov 28 05:41:08 EST 2006

Hi karen,

Sorry to hear about the passing of Caspian. Most if not all of us know
how you are feeling at this sad time.

  According to the late and great Peter Gurney, this "V" shaped hair
loss suggests lice or mites. The pig turns his head one way bites and
scratches and then tries to reach the area from the other side causing
this arrowhead or "V" shape. Shampoo using an insecticidal shampoo for
small rodents and treat with Ivermectin.

Gorgeousguineas (UK) do a fantastic range of shampoos and oil soaks.
They are made specificallly for guinea pigs using lavender, patchouli,
lemongrass oils etc. They are highly effective, smell absolutely
wonderful and they ship overseas. Why not visit the website? Perhaps
another slave would share the purchase and shipping costs.

Leah, I hope you enjoyed your first Thanksgiving in your new house and
that your babies are doing well. Over the years we have had a number of
geriatric pigs have surgery for kidney stones and removal of tumours.
They all survived. I think it is the quality of care they receive at
the vet and the after care and nursing which improve their outcome. We
all know that's a sure bet with you. Don't fret too much about the
fatty cysts. We have those on old pigs mostly the boys. Unless one gets
irritated somehow or seems to be causing a problem we leave well enough
alone.

Condolences to all who have lost piggies. We are still interested in
the Christmas Santa. Is it too late? We are happy to post overseas  or
exchange with UK slaves.

Best Wishes,

Antoinette and the Magic 60.