[Gpdd] Health: Re: sludge and stones

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Tue Nov 28 16:51:01 EST 2006

Hey Ann,
Ah man, that's a bummer that Dart is having
some bladder problems. If you have the
extra money, I would go ahead and get x-rays
done since the Vet has already seen crystals
in her urine. Even if it's just for peace of mind,
ya know. I have been down this road over and
over and it really does suck. (Sigh!)

Well, first, let me tell you all of the med's that
I have Miss Brownie Bear on. I give her
Metacam for pain, Lasix (a diuretic) twice a
week, Shilintong (Chinese herb), and Baytril
(she does a course of antibiotics every 3-4
months). And I syringe her as much water as
I possibly can, although since we bought the
house, I wasn't doing it as often as I should
(which is why I think she formed those 2 new
smaller stones).

I would definitely suggest getting some
Shilintong. I will find an old post and send
it to you (and the Digest) about this herb.
It's good stuff. And also, I will look for my
post about syringe-feeding and also post
that one.

Also, if you look in the Archives for March,
April, and May 2005, there's some more
info on Shilintong and syringe-feeding.

Here's a link that may help:

http://www.guinealynx.info/handfeeding.html

Give Dart some extra Piggie Kisses from us
and let her know that whee will keep her in our
Prayers. Also, send some Love to Gidgy,
Feather, Mo, & Tessie!!

        Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
             Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear