[Gpdd] HEALTH Paddington and Persephone not eating

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Wed Nov 29 13:40:09 EST 2006

So sorry to hear that Paddington has to have an anaesthetic to have his
teeth clipped. It it so unnecessary and I do wish that vets would learn how
to do it with the piggy awake. It only takes moments and the piggy can be
eating again straight away without all that risk, worry and expense, not to
mention the valuable munching time that is lost. I don't know where you are
but perhaps someone on the digest might know of a rodentologist near you who
could help.

As for Persephone, this is a mystery! Do you trust your vet? Could your
piggy have a mouth ulcer which is stopping her from eating by herself? She
obviously wants to eat as she is keen on the Recovery. She might be willing
to eat it from a spoon or even a bowl if she likes the taste to save you
from syringing. Recovery is expensive here in England, especially with two
little ones to feed. Do you have the CCT syringe feeding recipe? It is cheap
to make up, contains lots of fibre to keep her going and she might eat it
from a bowl.

It is so frustrating when something like this happens. I always give
Metatone tonic to piggies that won't eat but if you are not in England, it
doesn't seem to be available. Perhaps the vet could have another look in her
mouth when you collect Paddington.

We will be keeping our paws crossed for Paddington at the vets.

Wishing you all the very best of luck,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.