[Gpdd] [CARE]<Jem's Boys>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 30 04:05:20 EST 2006

Hi all, and Jem,
I don't think it is a big problem (but if you are unsure go to the vet, your
own instincts are usually the best and now that i read it for the second
time, brown doesn't sound good). First of all, many pigs don't drink when
they are provided with enough vegetables. Do they know how to work a water
bottle? If you are unsure, take them on your lap, let little drops fall on
your finger, close to their mouth (one pig at a time).Suus and yaya only
needed one trial to understand where the water was coming from. it took my
mom's pigs 6 months to figure this out! Thank god for cucumber ;-). (btw i
don't feed yaya cucumber anymore because it upsets her belly, anyone with
similar problems try leaving out cucumber, for normal pigs it's fine)
I shouldn't feed pigs lettuce because they contain nitrates (i hope i
remember this correctly but it is something toxic) a lot of water and
nothing much that has any nutritional value. It's not that bad but adds
nothing too, there are a lot of other alternatives. I remember when i was
young (hihi) that my grandpa had rabbits and when he fed them lettuce their
shed would smell really yukkie. We used to have rabbits too and we weren't
allowed to feed them lettuce because my mom claimed it smelled very bad. I
don't remember the color but from other experiences, smelly urine usually
also has a darker color.
What you can try is provide the boys with a water bowl until they figure it
out.
Good luck with your boys!

Btw Leah, we loooved your pigtures, we are soo envious of your clean house
(ours has poo in it, it shows that BB and BS are better mannered piggies
*big wink*)

Glynis, we are still keeping paws crossed for duke!Jan has the yukkie stuff
that leah describes too, but considering that he is sick allready i'm a bit
worried. is his mucus whitish??(that is what jan's color is)

Grtz&wkz
Janneke from the winky girls