[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENTS - ROLL CALL & HEATHER - SEIZURES

Michael Feeney mfeeney at stny.rr.com
Mon Oct 2 10:59:03 EDT 2006

Hello all!  My husband and I are faithful readers of the guinea pig digest and are the proud slaves to two girls: Butterscotch and Cinnamon.  Butterscotch came to live with us in September of 2005 and Cinnamon Twist followed in January 2006.  We were told at the pet stores when we purchased them that they were about 6-8 weeks old.  We live in Binghamton, NY.  Birdie, please add Butterscotch and Cinnamon to the roll call.  Thank you!

Butterscotch is very laid back, the kids describe her as fat and lazy.  She likes her food and is very treat motivated!  Cinnamon on the otherhand is a bit nerveous, she'll often run and try to hide when she hears a strange or loud noise.  She eats well, but for the most part would rather have an extra pet than a treat.

Cinnamon has very dry skin and often itches herself, over her entire body.  Both my husband and I have witnessed her itching/biting her back and turing her head so far that she "flips over" onto her back and has a seizure.  Every time that I've seen her do this, I have picked her up and held her or put her on her belly in her room.  After a few seconds she stops seizing, but it takes her a little while to return to her "normal" self.  I'm concerned.  Has anyone had a similar experience?  Is this normal or does this represent an underlying neurological problem?

Both of the girls have been to a local vet (who specializes in guinea pigs) for a routine check-up.  I have not yet taken Cinnamon to her doctor since I saw her have her first seizure.  Other than the seizures, she seems to be perfectly fine.

Any advise on Cinnamon would be appreciated!  Thank you!

Tina, Buttersotch & Cinnamon

Tina Feeney
Mary Kay

To order, call me at (607) 621-9210,