[Gpdd] Seizures/Mites

Julia Kennedy tabithaporter at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 10:57:13 EDT 2006

So sorry to hear about Cinnamon's seizures. If it does
turn out to be mites, please, please ensure that your
vet does not give her an injection.

My baby Bearlette had a skin infection and 10 days
after I got her, the vet gave her an anti-inflammatory
injection to help soothe.  Except it did everything
but, it made her seize even more and she was really
very ill, as I am sure some Digesters will remember.
I thought she was going to die.  I found out from the
CCT that the nerves become very sensitive when there
is a skin infestation and this is what made Bearlette
react so badly.

I am happy to say, however, that she is fully
recovered and loving life!

Best wishes

Julia, Cordelia, Persephone, Paddington, Emily and
Bearlette
-with Tabitha, Charlotte, Perdita, Ophelia, Delilah,
Timothy, Iolanthe and Belinda at the bridge