[Gpdd] [Health] Emergency! Tea Tree Oil Ingestion

Sasha Yates raya07 at mac.com
Sun Oct 8 22:43:30 EDT 2006

Hi GPDD, I rarely post but my friend just got a guinea pig and she's a new
owner.  The guinea pig she got had lice and so she took it to the vet but
the vet just told her to comb out the lice with a comb dipped in bleach.
Since that didn't work, she tried rubbing tea tree oil on the guinea pig and
the piggie started licking her hair.  My friend has been giving the guinea
pig tea tree oil for 5 days now and she seems like she's in a lot of pain.
Is tea tree oil bad?  What's a good way to get rid of piggie lice?

Thank you so much,

Sasha