[Gpdd] [Care] am i doing this right?

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 9 17:39:19 EDT 2006

  Rachel,

  Yes, feed your pig about a cup of  veggies daily and alfalfa until at least a year old.  Most of us here and others that has guinea pigs feed our pigs a cup of veggies in the morning and the afternoon.  Guinea pigs need green veggies for the vitamin C content and other minerals and vitamins.  See www.guinealynx.info , nutrition guide for more veggies and fruits.

  As for the vet, I would run, not walk away from him/her.  He doesn't seem to know what he is talking about when it comes to pigs.  I would definitely find another vet that knows about guinea pigs.

  Wheeeks,
  Lis and the Guinea Girls
  Forever in my Heart, Cupcake, Flint, Silverado, & Hazelnut, one of the guinea girls

Rachel H <rmhenise at yahoo.com> wrote:

    "If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it!"

  The "pigs" say, "Have a Wheeking Good Day!"

  http://www.cavylover74.blinkz.com/
  360.yahoo.com/cavylover74