[Gpdd] HEALTH: Lettuce Recalled over E. Coli Concerns and condolences for Cannelletto

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Oct 10 14:14:01 EDT 2006

E.coli again! Lettuce this time.

I was following the e.coli scare about spinach on CNN.com recently but there
doesn't seem to be any more about it. I am thousands of miles away in
England but I wondered what happened and are you feeding your piggies
spinach again. No-one has posted any more about it, so I presume that all is
OK now.

Debbie,

I am so sorry to hear about little Cannelletto. It is so hard to know what
to do for the best. I have seen amazing results with the Cavies Castle
triple shot but it doesn't always work so please don't blame yourself. You
did the right thing in contacting them for help, and in following their
advice but sometimes you just can't win.

Regarding Zebra, I would never have a piggy castrated as I am paranoid about
anaesthetics ( having kept piggies back in the days when an anaesthetic was
more or less a death sentence ). It is a lot safer these days but if I have
a lonely boar I either find him a male friend ( a baby is easier to
introduce ) or put his pen alongside some girls. They can get quite excited
by this but soon settle down and enjoy the company. My Truffle, who came to
me via Cavies Castle when his owner could no longer look after him, had
always lived alone so his pen is placed between two groups of girls and he
loves to chat to them.

With our sincere condolences,

Penny and the Piggyfriends.