[Gpdd] [health] Bad teeth problems

Sandi Korman sdattler at axcessystems.com
Thu Oct 12 07:55:19 EDT 2006

I took Bert to the vet yet again yesterday.  He has teeth problems and  had major teeth work done again 3 weeks ago.  His back tooth is rotten and constantly breaks.  The vet pulls it but it grows back and she can't pull the root because she's concerned that it's too close to something leading to his brain...anyway...it now seems that that all of his teeth on his left side is black and he has periodontal disease.  He also has a crater behind his back tooth that had gunk in it so she cleaned that out and trimmed his top back tooth because she thinks that it may be finding the crater and causing some problems.  He also has an infection in that crater.  My vet says that there's really nothing else she can do for him.  Has anyone had this problem with their piggies?  Does anyone know what I can do?  Is there a guinea pig dentist in Northeast U.S. that anyone can refer?

Please help!

--Sandi