[Gpdd] [GPDD] Care - sharing advice

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 12 16:52:21 EDT 2006

Ginger & Crew-  I can't find "barmy4boys.co.uk."
  --  Is there a trick to finding it?
  ----------
  Penny- I find myself repeating myself, too, and hope I'm not
  annoying everyone. It's just that we have new members, and
  those who miss some posts . . . but some of these topics are
  so important. Plus, I tend to forget some of the advice myself,
  if I don't use it.  Maybe it would be nice if we could have
  another "page" on gpdd someday, where we could accumulate
  such info, for easy access.
  --------------
  Sigolène - love the pigtures, and your website/blog . . . and
  your name!  so cool, I love that we're 'international'!  I think your
  beautiful Alpacas are similar to our Texels.
--------------
    and, speaking of repeating myself - I just sent this to
  Cheryl, but since there is still so much interest, I will
  post once more...
  "Here's a post I sent not too long ago, so I won't post it
  again right now on gpdd.  But, since you asked, I'll
  share my experience . . ."

  "You may not have read our story about The Leash.  ;-)
  I, too, thought it sounded like a good idea. Not to walk
  them, of course, just an extra safety measure, like
  wearing suspenders with your belt.  Well, I tried the
  harness and leash on Snowy indoors. She froze.
  Wouldn't move. So we went outdoors and I set her
  in the grass. Same thing, wouldn't move. That was
  no fun, so I took her back in and tried it with CocoPuff.
  (outdoors)   Same thing. Statue.  Then he suddenly
  launched himself into the air,  toward the building,
  until he hit the end of the leash.  Straight down, just
  like in the cartoons. Then he froze again.  But only
  for a moment, then he launched again, this time
  slipping free of the harness, and hit the ground
  running, headed for the shrubbery. Luckily I was
  ready and managed to grab him just before he
  disappeared beneath the bushes, or I might not
  have found him again. We were both so scared
  that we went back indoors where it was safe.
  Good luck with your leash adventures!"
  Susi & the OP's
  (and a *wink* from Snowy ;-)