[Gpdd] (Health) Re: Ivermectin

Stacy Harvey ckrtsqrl2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 14:34:27 EDT 2006

I get my ivermectin from http://www.petsupplies4less.com
  It is actually the generic liquid ivermectin (called Ivercide), which is cheaper than the Ivomec name-brand. It says for cattle and swine-- ivermectin is actually used by veterinarians "off-label" for guinea pigs. I apply mine topically behind the ears. I would STRONGLY advise anyone who is considering using ivermectin to go to the Guinea Lynx website and look up the dosages, also be sure to carefully weigh your piggy to get the correct dosage. If it looks like you are giving more than just a couple of DROPS, DO NOT put it on your piggy and see a vet instead. It is possible to overdose with ivermectin; it affects the nervous system and can cause coma if you overdose, so please be careful!

  Stacy and the Squee Squad