[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for Pumpkin and Patches

DebJonSara at aol.com DebJonSara at aol.com
Tue Oct 17 04:01:28 EDT 2006

Sarah

I just wanted to express my sincere condolences on your sad loss. I can
identify so much with you, as I had 20 Dolly Mixtures initially, and I am  already
down to 15. Most of mine were rescued in January 2003, so like you, I
realise I am likely to lose many within a fairly short period as they reach "old
age" - although my most recent loss, Cannelletto, was one of the 2 babies at 2
years old, and one of 2 I thought would be the last I'd lose.

I tend to think anything over 4 years is a bonus for piggies - many do  not
even last that long. You must be an excellent slave to have kept most of  yours
for almost 6 years - how I hope I might be that lucky, though I doubt it
somehow.

I don't know whether it's harder the longer one has them. My paraplegic
Cherub lasted only 5 weeks, yet of them all I feel she stole the greatest part  of
my heart. Their departure is never easy to bear, and always leaves a huge
gaping hole. At least Pumpkin and Patches lived a long and happy life, and it
does sound as though they simply slipped away with old age, rather than having
to suffer at all. This is what we all want for our beloved furry friends.

We have just named one of 6 newly-hatched chicks Pumpkin - it is round and
orange and the name seems so appropriate for this time of year.

May it comfort you just a little to know that there are people across the
sea in France who care about your sad loss and are thinking of you at this
difficult time.

Debbie and the 15 Dolly Mixtures