[Gpdd] CARE- boars in trios, welcome Punky, happy birthday Yaya and thankyou everyone

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Oct 20 12:54:16 EDT 2006

Ryan,

Welcome to the GPDD. I run a little piggy rescue and have had many pairs of boars but have never tried a trio. My rodentologists, Cavies Castle, say that they never have boars in trios because there will always be an alpha male who will boss the others about.

Keeping three brothers together might work, though, as they will always have been together and will already have established a "pecking" order. I'm sure that someone here will have tried it!

Sounds like a wonderful home that you have built for your Punky. Good luck with him.

-------------------
Yaya,

Happy Birthday! What lovely pigtures. Please thank your slave for her email about OD in satins and tell her that I will reply tomorrow ( day off - more time!). Have a great day. My piggies agree -- the alpha pigs don't get all the treats.

Gwen,

Thank you very much for your message and a big, noisy piggy "THANKYOU" to everyone who has emailed me about the little boys.

I have named them Cadbury and Bramley. For devotees of OinkerNet, they look very much like Oreo and that would have been a good name for one of them, but for the fact that I have previously had a lovely boar of that name.
Cadbury is a chocolate Dutch and is named in memory of a lovely boar called Mr. Cadbury who was a frequent patient at Cavies Castle. Whilst some of my piggies were having their check up, I gave him his syringe feed and you could not meet a nicer piggy. For those who may not know, Cadbury's make chocolate.
I was trying to come up with a name for his brother while picking apples to make a pie and the name was right in front of me. The variety of apple on my tree! Bramley. He will be a Black and White Dutch when his coat grows back
The "naming of names" is very important to me and needs a lot of thought!
They are in my portable pen at the moment, one that I use when I have to take a sick piggy to work with me. As they are hiding in the sleeping box for most of the time, it will suffice until I can construct a new pen at the weekend.

Then I might have time to try out the Piggyfriends on the stairs!

Squeaks and wheeks from Penny and the Piggyfriends.