[Gpdd] [Health] Red Feet

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Sun Oct 22 13:06:26 EDT 2006

Hello everyone at GPDD. Yes it's me again with another health problem
for poor Phoebe. I can't believe I've been writing to you about
Phoebe for over six years now. I have adjusted to her age. To me
she'll always be my little piglet.

We're not sure if the bladder infection has gone away. The last dose
of antibiotics didn't work but she's not suffering and we thought
we'd give her a rest from them. She hasn't noticed, other than she's
not being syringe feed stuff she doesn't want twice a day. Her eating
is good. She was at the vets for the day and she is likely blind but
that doesnt' stop her and she's happy as long as she gets her treats.

But of course there's always something else. I noticed last week that
her feet were very pink and pointed it out at her last visit. The vet
wasn't to concerned but I was told to bring her in should it change
or she gets scabs. Of course, now it's the weekend and I see they are
more red and what I thought was dirt may be a scab. I will bring her
in to the vet again at the begininning of the week but until than
does anyone have any ideas? I've washed her feet with Spectrogel and
put on HIbitaine. Her feet aren't sore.

I've had her on towels for a a week or two and I thought it may be a
kind of diaper rash because she sits in the same place all day until
I change towels or it could have been from the soap I was using on
them. I've changed that and put her back on Carefresh.

Maybe it's another old age ailment.

Evelyn