[Gpdd] [GPDD] Care - rescuing piggies

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Oct 24 14:37:42 EDT 2006

Thanks Susi but I am only doing what you all would given the opportunity. True, I do border on the obsessive when it comes to piggies. I have loved them all of my life and probably have more of them than most people would think sensible ( but then those people are not welcome in my house!).

My husband works away a lot of the time and my sons have flown the nest so my piggies are my family. I am lucky that I have the room and the time for them all ( I only work part-time these days ). I am so glad that Chris at Cavies Castle was able to help. My local animal shelter couldn't take in any more rabbits. I could foresee me trying to construct a rabbit home before she stepped in. I have never had a rabbit and didn't really want to branch out into rabbit rescue too! They are a bit too big!! I have looked after many tiny things in cages - gerbils, stick insects, canaries - and I take in mice from our local animal shelter, but rabbits are an entirely different matter. Each one needs so much room!

I'll tell the other story some time. I don't want people to think I am monopolising the Digest!

Regards from Penny and the Piggyfriends.