[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Pearl has gone to the Bridge

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Thu Oct 26 10:35:15 EDT 2006

It is with great sadness that I have to report that my beloved Pearl piggy
left me for the Bridge yesterday.  I took Pearl and her sister Bess in for
some treatment at the Vet yesterday, and they rang me at about 20 past 2
to say that my lovely little Pearl piggy had passed away.  Pearl had
celebrated her 4th birthday on 4th October.  She was so beautiful, I used
to call her "the Beauty Pig".  When she called for her breakfast, her dear
little mouth opened so wide to whistle, I called it "squaring".  As in the
song, "Pearl's a Singer", she certainly was.

It is very sad as my Vet used a different anaesthetic combination,
thinking it would be safe for them.  My usual request was for Isoflurane,
and I would say to everybody that this is the better one to use wherever
possible.   I was able to say goodbye when I collected Bess, and Bess
said goodbye to Pearl too, nudging her gently and making gentle piggy
sounds.  Bess was very groggy, but has pulled through, although I was
up to 2am trying to get her to eat and drink.  She was keen to have her
breakfast this morning.

I am so very, very sorry, my little Pearly pig, I love you and I always
will, and I will never forget you.  Please forgive me, I did what I
thought was best for you.  Take care, be safe and wait for Mummy.

On Saturday I welcomed a new rescue piggy to introduce to the Digest and
add to the roll call, but I am afraid I am too upset to give any more
details for now, other than her name is Emily.

Kay