[Gpdd] Health: Lawn Care

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Oct 28 22:40:49 EDT 2006

     Aha!! Already as a home owner you have a dilemma. To let 'em spray or
not let 'em spray.
          What part of your yard will the piggies be the playing and munching
(and they do munch!!) area for BB and BS? Can you leave either front, back or
side(s) untreated?
     At my "old house" I used to have to keep my (then) dogs in for
considerably more than an hour after the lawn was treated and they weren't small with
tiny livers. One was a golden retriever and the other an afghan/setter mix.
     Mr. Cooders came from a sprayed yard home but I think they stayed off
the grass for 2 or 3 day. And I still cringed. I took him when he was still
fairly young tho, remember?
     And think of the delectible dandelions you'll be killing off and
depriving your guinea pigs of. (Yes, I know the neighbors will think badly of you
when they see those yellow blooms in the spring but poof! Who cares? If anyone
complains to you let BB show them her teefies!)
     I   know my late doc used to have his fish in his pond ( a swimming pool
when he was younger, hence it had a tall privacy fence around it) die when
the neighbors lawn was sprayed. They didn't all die -- just his favorites it
seems. The spray apparently floated.
     Tred cautiously. I do understand tho. Once upon a life time ago I
couldn't imagine an untreated lawn. Gee, that must have been the me of another
lifetime!   :)
     More people will advise you!

Hugs to the piggies

Alge and the Jolly Rodents (minus 3)