[Gpdd] care-housing

ty hayabusa1950 at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 28 23:55:51 EDT 2006

HI, Everyone!

I thought I'd share an idea I came up with.
I noticed that when I got my C&C cage that my girls were
just "spinning their wheels" so to speak when trying to run
around their cage, even when the floor was completly covered
with bedding (I use Carefresh Ultra). It was also getting expensive
to keep covering the whole floor. I noticed that, for the most part,
they peed and pooped in the same spots.
So I went to Home Depot, and found out they sell indoor-outdoor
carpet runners by the foot.They sell different types, but I got the
most basic kind. It's very close-cropped, so there is no danger
of them catching a toe-nail in the weave. I've been using this for
several months now, and have yet to have a problem.
I change their carpeting about every month, although I suppose
one could wash it and re-use it.
Now my girls can run around without a problem, and I save a ton
on bedding costs.
The runner is 27 inches wide, which is an inch or so short of a
2-grid wide C&C cage- for wider just cut another piece to fit.
It has a rubber backing so it does'nt slip.
It's under $2.00 a foot.

Hope this comes in handy.
 Ty.