[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Piggie with allergies

Shauna Osteen shauna1313 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 16:45:12 EST 2006

Hello,

Thanks for all you info and ideas about what could be causing Quentin's
allergies. We really appreciate all the well wishes too! We have tried two
different brands of Timothy hay. Tonight when I change his cage again I am
going to try just oat grass and see what happens. Next will be just timothy
hay cakes. I just purchased a 9lb bag from Oxbow. Miss Zeussy will not be
happy about losing the hay for a while. I swear she was suppose to be a
hamster or something. She loves to burrow in the hay and it really cute when
she digs like a dog to get to the bottom of the pile!

Both of my piggies are no longer on any sort of wood bedding. We have gone
to just newspaper under shredded paper. Who ever came up with the shredded
paper idea is absolutely brilliant! Quentin seems to he responding to the
benedryl. He just gets sneezy again when it gets close to the time for his
next dose. Thanks again to everyone! I will keep you all posted on his
progress! We wish everyone a Happy Halloween and hope you all have a great
wheek!

Shauna, Proud Piggie Parent of Quentin & Zeussy as well as Momo waiting at
the bridge