[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - Taking on the Govt

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 00:45:07 EDT 2006

Just in case you haven't seen them (forgive me if
  this has already been discussed, I don't know
  how long these have been out) - the post office
  offers a collection of stamps and stickers, etc,
  that include a nice, colorful stamp with a beaver
  on it, captioned "Beaver - Biggest Rodent"
  I've just written to the USPS to set them straight.
  I told them that, while it is a nice stamp and good
  to put out stamps the kids can enjoy and learn
  from, they should be sure of their facts. I pointed
  out that there are different orders of Rodentia, and
  that the Capybara is actually the largest living in
  this order. Then I also mentioned the fossilized
  remains recently found of the giant, buffalo-sized
  guinea pig.  Of course, I couldn't let this opportunity
  pass, so I also suggested they do a stamp for the
  guinea pig (actually, a whole set would be great).
  So - if anyone else cares to pester the post office,
  I went to their website - usps.gov, and found the
  Contact Us link. It takes a while, but I considered
  it a challenge.
  ;-)
  Susi and the Red Land Rodentiae