[Gpdd] [GPDD] Misc - New homes

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 14:16:37 EDT 2006

Cindy-
  Sorry to hear you may have to part with your dear piggie girls, but
  perhaps they will find a new adventure in a loving home.  One thing
  that everyone might keep in mind, whether looking for pigs or finding
  homes for ones they have - cavy shows. Even rabbit shows.  Every
  show I go to, someone has piggies for sale. Like $5 or $10 for the
  pets, maybe $20 for good show quality (which just means the hair
  is all the right color, etc).  At least there you know where they come
  from, or that they will go to a good home and not a scary end.
  When I send one to a new home, I send along a page of instructions,
  just to be sure they will be cared for properly (including links to gpdd,
  Peter Gurney's website, Guinea Lynx, etc), and a small bag of their
  food, so they don't have to be switched suddenly.
  To find shows in your area, go to the ARBA website, look under Shows
  (you can select the current or upcoming month, your state, etc), then
  find a show near you. Even the rabbit shows have piggies for sale usually.
  The ACBA website doesn't have as many shows listed for some reason.
  If you need help with this let me know, I'll be glad to help where I can.

Susi Eastin
  The Okie Piggies of Cavy Lodge
  Green Country Cavy Club
  Tulsa Rabbit Breeders Assn