[Gpdd] MISC: the biggest rodent

Ruth Leibowitz dr.leibq at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 3 11:36:30 EDT 2006

I went to the USPS website and did notice that the stamps were about
"America," but technically "America" and the U.S. are not the same!  The
rest of North America (e.g. Canada, Mexico) and all of Central and South
America are also America.  So it's true that in the U.S. the biggest native
rodent is the beaver (and the a wonderful rodent at that), but I wish
certain "Americans" would get their geography straight!  Other (non-U.S.)
Americans get tired, I think, of having us equate "America" with the United
States.

Ruth in Portland