[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Vernon has gone to the bridge

Dr Kay Dudman kay.dudman at londonmet.ac.uk
Mon Sep 4 13:40:42 EDT 2006

Dear Jim

Thank you for your kind and comforting words.  Little Vernon seemed so
happy as he was putting on weight, had a gloss to his coat and a sparkle
in his eye.  He was only a whisker over 2lb when I got him in March, but
last time I weighed him he was 2lb 6.75oz.  I know that there are many
piggies who have recently crossed the Bridge, so he will not be all alone.

I saw the Chief Vet this afternoon; he told me he will do some research as
there is apparently some genetic link, which could explain why Vernon's
little brother did not survive when they were rescued and treated by the
RSPCA.  The Vets and the nurses were wonderful, they couldn't have done
any more for him, and they were so kind to us both.

Thank you once again,

Kay