[Gpdd] Health ~ Prayers for Mouse

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 6 13:56:51 EDT 2006

Judi-
  We are so sorry to hear about your dear little Mouse! Have you already
  tried antibiotic creams and ointments, etc?  When Moose got his eye
  injury last spring, the doctor decided against sutures or anything and
  gave us a strong ointment. That didn't quite do it, and we were just sure
  he would lose the eye, if he even survived. Things did not look good for
  Moose. Then a friend who has raised gp's for years and treated a multitude
  of various animals, first suggested it would be more humane to have him
  put down, then remembered a treatment she had used on reptiles. We
  figured it was worth a try. So we applied Chaparral Leaf drops to the eye
  2-3 times a day. I know it may have hurt a bit, but he never cried. And
  wonder of wonders, in a couple weeks it looked really good. In fact, now
  you can't tell there was ever anything wrong with the eye, he seems to
  see just fine out of it. We are so glad to have found out about this herbal
  remedy; that and a lot of prayer pulled him through.
  We also used this on the baby's eye when she arrived from Texas last
  July. It was apparently a scratch that had become infected. After the
  Chaparral dried it up, we applied the antibiotic eye ointment, and now
  it looks just fine.
  You may well have already tried all these things, but it not, it would
  certainly be worth a try before surgery. Either way, we will keep your
  dear little Mouse in our prayers.
  Piggie hugs'n'kisses,
  Susi & the Okie Piggies
  ...and a big *wink* from Moose