[Gpdd] [HEALTH]<Overwheight?>

Janneke Staaks jannekestaaks at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 8 05:14:45 EDT 2006

Hi birdie,
You scared me ;-) saying that your old boy wheighs 350kg. I wheigh around
70kg ;-) that would be one chubby pig!!  I think 3 pounds is 1,36 kg or 136
grams. If you are not sure about what is too fat (though i like my piggies
chubby) you can check the following.
Guinea pigs can have love handles, just as us humans. They are in their
arm-pits, or should i say frontpaw-pits? If they have cushions there, then
they are overwheight (if you want to see pigtures, check this site
http://www.degrotecavia.nl/tedik.html it's in dutch but if you scroll down
the pigtures speak for themselves). actual wheight doesn't say that much, as
people vary, so do piggies.
btw, I do really appreciate you calculating his wheight into grams, i shall
give it a try next time when i mention wheight.
Special cuddles for big jimmy jr!
Janneke and the The winky girls