[Gpdd] [Rainbow Bridge] Poppy

Charlene Hawk ckhawk79 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 8 13:14:10 EDT 2006

I just posted yesterday about my guinea pig who was ill and we were decided what to do next.  Well, sadly we did have to put her to sleep.  She had lost a lot of weight and it was her time to go.  It does make me happy to know that she is now happily popping around with her sister (who we lost almost two years ago).  I am so glad I am not alone in my love for these little creatures.  People who haven't had a guinea pig just don't know what they are missing.  :)

  Now that Poppy's cage is sadly sitting empty, I have decided to volunteer as a foster home for guinea pigs who need extra care from the local humane society.  I am hoping to get a mother with little babies as it would remind me of how cute Poppy was when she was born.

  My heart goes out to everyone who has suffered a loss.

  Charlene