[Gpdd] Misc: Touching base and Cooders bladder stone : (

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Sat Sep 9 01:33:58 EDT 2006

Hi All,
     Lately I've seemed to be fading in and out on the digest. I'm so many
issues behind again and yet see that so many piggies ave crossed the Bridge
recently. I am so terribly sorry for each and everyone of you and know the pain
nd loss you struggle with.
     I thought I might be forced to make the decision to have Mr. Cooders put
to sleep last week. He was passing some very serious blood. Because of his
age (5) and some other factors, he isn't a good candidate for surgery. (Wilson
went to the Bridge, with help, on July 1st. and I'm still grieving my "baby."
     At any rate, please keep Mr. Cooders in your prayers as I will all of
the sick little piggies and grieiving mommies and   daddies.
     He was diagnosed with a large bladder stone and a UTI. This vet -- and I
like him very much -- seems to think that many infections can be avoided with
adequate vit C. My boys eat all kinds of C rich foods but are on supplemental
C as well now. I thought I'd pass his recommendation on. He says it's most
important (as we pretty much know) to their immune system fuction. I feel that
my guys do get enough without supplementing but I'm taking no more chances no
matter how much parsley they consume.
     I'm still holding my breath for Cooders but am feeling more hopeful --
he's eating and drinking on his own again and will remain on antibiotics for
another week. Poor baby.
     Even if he fully recovers (which I so hope will happen) he will remain
fragile to some degree.
     Te vet thought that the largeness of the stone was actually good. It
can't slip into the urethra because it's too big. But of course it can do other
damage.
     I will not let Coodie suffer needlessly, but hope so much that he
returns to and maintains good health. Vet says that it is possible.
     Beyond that -- next weekend there will be a pignic at Alum Creek State
Park in Central Ohio - North of Coulmbus and South of Delaware. As much as I'd
love to go I cannot.
     If you might be interested contact:   Jrosler04 at wmconnect.com

     This is the Jessica of the Ohio 100+ GP rescue of a couple years back.
Jolly Rodents Chester and Charlie were born from that rescue.
     At any rate, Jesse also has several piggies that she's taken in while
seeking homes for them. I don't have the info handy but there is a silkie and 2
texels (all 3 boars) plus several (or quite a few?) other piggies. There is
also at least 1 pair of show quality piggies.

     Again, you may reach Jesse at: Jrosler04 at wmconnect.com
     just mention that I "sent" you.   :)

     Well, I shall hope for a steady hand while I give Mr. Cooders his pm
antibiotic. He's been so good through all this. We all know that we face the day
when our guys will leave for the Bridge but I so hope he gets and stays well.
I want more time with him.

Best to all -- encouragement and condolences as needed

Alge