[Gpdd] [GPDD] Health - Thoughts on meds

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 12:38:10 EDT 2006

Heather-
  Sorry to hear Seussy is ailing - do you think the
  bleeding from his nose might be a side effect
  from the first medication? I know that happens
  sometimes with people. Also, I would wonder
  if he is suffering from an allergy to something,
  or what my allergist described as "an non-allergic
  reaction" to something. Could explain why only
  one of your guys is suffering. You still have to
  treat the symptoms, of course, as well as
  look for the cause. We'll keep you all in our
  piggie prayers for a quick and complete recovery,
  as we do for all the ailing piggies and slaves.

  Also, a thought on the parsley. I've heard that
  not all piggies are prone to stones, and that
  the ones that are not can certainly have the
  parsley, but in moderation. That goes for all
  things, I like to say, just to be safe. We were
  so disappointed when we first learned that
  parsley can be a contributing factor in stones,
  as the Okie Piggies enjoyed their parslies a
  great deal, and on a twice daily basis. But
  we survived reducing the parsley intake, it
  is now only an occasional treat, and in small
  amounts. But they are still proud to have their
  very own Parsley Patch, even if it is small and
  they only get pinches now and then. I think
  they treasure it all the more, as they get to
  sit on the deck with me, enjoying the fresh
  air and nibbling bits of parsley and clovers.

  Best luck to all piggies who are under the weather,
  Susi & the OP's