[Gpdd] [GPDD] Care - Thoughts on treats

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 12 20:31:31 EDT 2006

What do we know about dried fruits? A friend with a
  good source (and a feed store) is interested in putting
  together some healthy guinea pig treats/mixes, and
  is thinking about dried carrots and papayas. They're
  both very good for pigs and people alike, but I'm
  wondering how much the drying will offset that.
  We're hoping to come up with something that's really
  healthy, not just claiming to be like so many of those
  so-called healthy treats at the pet stores, that are
  really just full of colored junk.
  We're mixing some good feed, and would like to
  create a treat or trail mix as well. Suggestions?
  Susi and the ever-hungry Okie Piggies