[Gpdd] Heath: Soft stools, possible "clogging, on antibiotics + Charlie skin condition

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Thu Sep 14 02:19:17 EDT 2006

Help!
     I've been calling the vet on a daily basis but things had begun to look
good for Cooders -- better, anyway.
     Now he doesn't seem to be producing many, if any "piggy poos." What I
have extracted (poor piggy) has been soft and mushy so I'm worried that his
feces is not moving thru his digestive system as it should because t is soft and
"globby."
     I did give him plain yogurt today. I give him vit C daily.
     He is still on his antibiotic for UTI and I've begun to see no further
traces of blood in his urine but he is still urinating frequently and in small
amounts.. But now this.
     WHAT will help firm up his stool? I have plenty of   hay in the cage
with him along with other foods tho I've cut back on the watery stuff -- he isn't
eating voraciously but is definitely eating.... He's also losing weight. : (

     To complicte things, Charlie, part abby, has a spot in the center of on
of his rosettes that looks tender and hair looks short. Inspecting carefully,
I see that under his fluffy fur is an area of crusty like skin and the hair
pulls out quite readily. (I feel like a bad and negligent slave!)

     I tried wiping with an antiseptic towelette then decided dove soap on a
wash cloth. I was having difficulty rinsing so I carried him to the bathroom,
discovered the stopper to sink was gone -- put down a folded wash cloth after
getting water right temp and suds (with Dove) and rinsed "most of him." I put
an anti fungal on the irritated center of rossette. (Exotics vet wasn't in
today so had to talk to a tech. Pleasant but not to big on helpful answers.)

     I'm so worried and it's all made all the worse because I can't
*bleeping* breathe yet need to be in motion doing for these guys. And the more worried
I become about them, the more difficult it is to breathe. We've done a fair
amount of sitting down on the floor together (Charlie, for example, wet and
wrapped in towels) because I can't go any further without yet another "breathing
break."

     Please CC any email directly to me. Thanks so much and forgive the note
of panic.

     And thank you all who've written. I will get back to you.

Alge and the remaining Jolly Rodents
....missing Wilson and Ebeneezer terribly (And I don't want to see my
graveyard grow)