[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Guinea pig care and fleas

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 14 12:37:23 EDT 2006

For the lady who was concerned about her g.p.'s having fleas, here is the
link from the Guinea Lynx website:-

http://www.guinealynx.info/mites.html

They state very clearly that people should NOT use flea and tick powders,
sprays, shampoos, foams, gels and wipes -- many contain pesticides that are
dangerous for cavies. Read the ingredients. Some of these products have
caused death. If your pet has mites, USE IVERMECTIN. When used according to
directions and dosed carefully, it is a much more effective and safe
product.

Carole