[Gpdd] Behaviour - mats

elizabeth lakin elizabethlakin at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 15 17:20:12 EDT 2006

Hi there to piggers and pigger slaves

Firstly for roll call, I am a slave in Cambridge, England.

I have 3 Alpaca masters, Edna and Moog are 2 and Mavis (Edna's daughter) is
1. They are rescue fur babies that I have had since January. They are indoor
piggers that live in a new pen 5ft*5ft. They love their pen and are sooooo
active. Whoever said that pigs are sendentary are very wrong, although I am
beginning to wonder if they sleep. All night long I can hear them jingling
their bells demanding food.

Secondly, yes long haired pigs can be a problem. Mine came to me very stinky
and matted. I had real trouble with Edna, the alpha, dominant pig who
doesn't think I can comb her as she doesn't like it. I got upset and they
got upset.....so Vedra at the Cambridge Cavy Trust came to the rescue. She
bathed and cut the mats out, I don't know how she did it. If you can't do it
yourself, please try to fing someone who can as I'm sure my piggies were
much happier with a haircut.

Better go and feed the masters 2nd dinner

Elizabeth
Edna, Moog and Mavis