[Gpdd] RESCUE: Chambersburg PA Update

Carol reetpigs at excite.com
Sat Sep 16 20:30:11 EDT 2006

I came home from supper out to find two wonderful messages from the person at the Greener Pastures animal rescue.  She is more than willing to take all the guinea pigs no matter what their condition and they will have permanent homes there if they are not adopted. She was also quite appalled that a shelter would put down "those cute little babies".  She called back to say she had read the article and thought it was horrendous that the shelter put the guinea pigs in cages with wire on the bottom and one of them already has a hurt foot.

On Monday, my husband will call the shelter to see if we can get them all.  His response - bless him - was that when I get home from work we may have twelve or so visitors if he gets his way...

Unfortunately, the shelter is charging approx. $25.00 per adopted pair, so we have started to solicit friends and relatives for money or supplies.  Fortunately, it sounds like we will be able to rescue them from a kill shelter.

I will let you all know what happens.  If anyone in the Chambersburg area is interested in adopting any of them, instead of calling the shelter, please email me directly at reetpigs at excite.com on Monday afternoon or later. By then I should know if we will have them in our house for a while or be taking them directly to the rescue place.

Carol and Pat, slaves to: Marachuka, Machukui, Mamapacha (the piggies), Europa and Oxford (the bunnies) and Kaitlynn (the dog)

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com