[Gpdd] [GPDD] Silly - Piggie roll call

Susi Eastin ok.cavylodge at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 17 12:57:36 EDT 2006

Birdie-
  You are doing a great job with the roll call, and I know
  there are still a good many who have not yet replied.
  (like me - as soon as I have time to properly list all
  piggies I will send ours in)
  But I didn't see France mentioned in your report, and
  I was sure I had seen Debbie's note, maybe not. Yes,
  there are members in Australia and New Zealand, Japan,
  Lebanon (or at least, Sara used to be there!), South
  Africa, Spain, and others I can't think of right now. But
  it may be that not all are online right now, or maybe
  not current on the digest . . . I'm sure this will end up
  being an ongoing thing. Hopefully you will be able to
  hang in for the long haul, but perhaps it will be in some
  format you could pass along if the time ever comes
  that you can't do it, or just need a break.
  Another thing I've sometimes wondered about has
  been mentioned - what about those slaves who have
  gone to the Bridge? How do we know? I worry so when
  one of our group doesn't post for a while, especially
  when I know they've been ill. It would be nice if everyone
  had a backup contact, someone that at least one of our
  group would be able to contact to check on someone, or
  who would be sure to notify us in case of something drastic.
  With the ARBA and ACBA (rabbit and cavy organizations)
  there is always mention in their journal of some longtime
  breeder/exhibitor who has gone on, with a nice article in
  tribute to them. It is so touching to see how they really
  care about each other, but after all, they are just more of
  us, who don't happen to be gpdd members.
  Maybe this could somehow be included in the orignial
  sign up when we join GPDD, as  an optional field, and
  also the suggestion that a friend or relative be asked to
  contact us in event of a drastic change. Even a serious
  illness would be nice to know about - we could at least
  offer our prayers and words of support. That's what friends
  are for.
  Thanks again for your hard work
  Susi & the OP's

Susi Eastin