[Gpdd] [HEALTH] syringe feeding Mr.Cooders.

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sun Sep 17 12:34:46 EDT 2006

I have had to syringe feed lots of piggies and most of them are quite happy to sit up on a towel on my lap. I hold the piggy upright with my left hand with my fingers under his "armpits". Hungry piggies will usually be quite pleased to have the syringe inserted and small amounts of food squeezed in.

Fidgety ones may have to be towel wrapped as though you are giving nasty medicine.

I don't open their mouth, but just push the syringe in to one side. I always use a 1ml. syringe and often tuck a paper towel under their chin as this can be quite a messy business.

It is much easier to demonstrate this than it is to describe it!!

I expect everyone will have their own method and you will probably get lots of different answers.

Good luck.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.