[Gpdd] HEALTH: There's a lump on my piggie's cheek!

Katy O'Connor chicky14510 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 18:19:50 EDT 2006

Hi everyone,
I've been a member of the GPDD for a couple years now, but I rarely post. I have three female piggies, Becky, Shelly and Charlotte. Becky and Charlotte are about 4 years old, and they've been in the same cage  since the beginning.  Charlotte, however, I rescued from someone who dumped her off in front of Petco about three years ago, I don't know how old she is but I suspect shes a bit older than my other two. She's in a separate cage from them.

Yesterday, I was bathing Charlotte and I felt a big lump on her cheek, right below her ear. Her hair is kind of long and shaggy so you can't really see it, and I don't know how long it's been there. The lump itself has no hair on it.  It's really freaking my out, and I have no clue what it could be besides a tumor.

Has anyone ever had this before? I thought maybe it meant a deficiency in her diet but Becky and Shelly get the same kinds of food and they're fine.
I'm so worried about my precious pig, so if anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it. I'm going to take her to the vet anyway, but in the meantime, any ideas?
Thank you in advance to all you wonderful, caring piggie owners!