[Gpdd] Health Teeth

Carole Appleby guinea_pig_8 at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 17 15:11:10 EDT 2006

Hi, ive been worried about Spikey all weekend. He has problems with his
teeth, last year he gradually stopped eating, i took him to the vet and they
said his teeth needed filing at the back and clipping at the front. He came
home and slowly got back to normal eating. He has been fine for the last
year,but then i noticed he started leaving his food again so i took him
straight to the vets to get his teeth checked and the old problem was back.
So i thought no problem he was fine last time.  I picked him up friday
afternoon and i could tell he wasnt right. he was making a strange noice
like he was distressed. I went home and he sits in a corner all hunched up
like hes in a lot of pain. I went back to the vet sat morn and she said he
shouldnt be in pain she only filed and trim them, she said give him a couple
of days and he will be fine. Well its Sunday eve now he hasnt attempted
eating a thing he still looks in pain and when i picked him up his chin and
neck is soaking. He never had that before he went in or last time.
              Im gonna take him back tomor but i cant see what else they can
do or what has happened to him. I red on a health page his jaw may have
clicked out of place, this would account for the pain and drooling. Has
anyone any ideas. Please could you email as soon as pos if any one can help
me. Thank you Carole